Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Our Summer in D.C.

Very fortunately enough, Christian got a job working at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD for the summer following our wedding. I really liked the idea of being in Maryland, close to my family. However, I didn't think that moving into my parent's basement the day we got home from our honeymoon was the most ideal situation. Thanks to my wonderful Aunt Amy and Uncle Haven, we got the best of both worlds. The Barlows, who live right next door to my parents, were nice enough to let us live in their apartment for the summer. That way, we could spend all the time we wanted with my family, eat my Mom's delicious home-cooked meals, play with my nieces and nephews, and still have a little getaway to ourselves. It was nice.
Our summer was wonderful. We both had great jobs, a great place to stay, and plenty to do. Some of the highlights were: A weekend to New York on the Vamoose bus, the births of Claire and Alex, playing tennis, visiting the Checketts in New Canaan, Spending time in New Hampshire, Christi's surprise birthday party, discovering new and delicious restaurants in D.C., and spending lots of time together. Here are some pictures from the summer.






No comments:

Post a Comment